Monday, September 22, 2008

alles ist verruckt!

Well I have only had 5 days total of classes, and I am already feeling bogged down by work. Most of my classes have a reasonable workload...however, my Visual Culture class has...oh only like a zillion pages of reading to do per night. what. the. fuck. So I'm not a fan of that too much...other than that though, I think my classes are very interesting. I just wish that the reading was more manageable for such a short amount of time. I mean, I can read it, but I don't retain as much as I would if I had the time to really focus on the words flying into my brain. c'est la vie (I'm getting ready for my trip to Paris in November, can you tell? mwaha).

I feel outrageously broke since the Euro has succeeded in completely raping me up the butt--what the hell did the U.S. do to have such a shitty exchange rate? jeez. Someone needs to sort that shit out. Some superpower.

My german class went from essentially no homework whatsoever to FOUR PAGES OF PURELY CONJUGATING VERBS. the most that accomplished was some serious writer's cramp, and complete confusion as to what verbs require sein or if it requires haben...or some sein...or haben...or seiben...ich weiss nicht!!!

Alright anyway...some updates on my life in this wonderful city called Berlin.
I have been cooking for myself more and more...and I am damn good at it, as I have mentioned previously. Although I do wish that it was cheaper to eat out, because I miss good sushi (oh Yuki, what would I ever do without you?!!?).

Have I mentioned anything about the German dogs yet?? It doesn't matter what breed, what size, what color, or ANYTHING...every german dog is the smartest dog in the world. There are dogs all over the city, and almost all of them are unleashed, but they walk around and follow their owners like their owner is the only person in the universe. They won't listen to you if you talk to them, but they immediately respond to the owner when it speaks to them. There are unleashed angry looking german shepherds on store stoops, ready to totally rip out your jugular if you try to steal anything. Of course, they will only get up from their spot if their owner commands them. It's seriously out of control. I really want to get a german dog because they are outrageously well behaved. I don't know what psycho boot camp the german people send their dogs to, but I need to find out cuz Rocky could really use an ass kicking in the behavior department.

OH! My friend, Cea's, birthday was on Sunday, so on Saturday night we all went out to this awesome club called White Trash Fast Food (you can google it). The top part is a restaurant that serves like, gourmet burgers and other really tasty and probably pricey things. You can go downstairs to the club, and its like you are walking into a cave. The ceiling and walls all look like rocks, and its a completely underground club. The party there that we went to was called White Noise and it happens about twice a month. The DJs are awesome and they play indie rock dance music, and it was probably the best compilation i've heard for dancing. It was so much fun! Sam and I got there at about midnight-ish to meet up with everyone else, and we left a little after 4am I believe. And that's early by german party standards. My host, who is 40, wasn't even back at the flat until 8am. haha. I need to step it up i think. All together though, I think that this was my favorite club/bar so far! It was so much fun! Although, I still have a lot more exploring to do. And on that note, I just bought myself on amazon (the german version) Lonely Planet: Berlin so I can check out some places I might not find on my own. Oh yeah, and what the hell?? German Amazon ALWAYS HAS FREE SHIPPING! What happened American Amazon? Let's get with the program pleaseee.

Well thats it for updates today. I should probably head to bed-tomorrow and thursdays are my tough academic days, because I have 4 classes (so I am at the school center from 830am-6pm. eep.)

Hope all is well overseas!!
viele Gruesse!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Well...I think the reason that the German dogs are so freakin smart is because they have freakin smart owners! Who have sent their dogs to obedient school AND continued with the instruction after the classes were done.

You are so right as far as our superpower! What did happen? I need you to do some research about this and let me know what is going on!!!

Our economy is messed up and the government is trying to "fix" it... you know how that can go!

Continue making all those great observations and you can bring some of those experiences back with you!

Great blog!!!
Love ya,
Matante Joan :)