Tuesday, September 30, 2008

yes, I am the Anti-Christ.

So last Friday I went to the Zoo. It was AWESOME! I will update soon with pictures from the Zoo and info on it. But today I'm updating on something different.

So I'm probably the most terrible person ever to live with. I didn't go to school today because I didn't feel well. My friend Will came over to drop stuff from school off for me. I had to let him in, so I left the door to my flat open and then opened the main door. Unfortunately the cat decided to scratch himself using the open door...thus resulting in a closed...and locked...door. Let me mention as well, that I had JUST put coffee on the stove in the espresso maker. AKA THERE WAS A FIRE GOING ON THE OVEN WITH A COFFEE THING. So now we're locked out. I am freaking out. I'm afriad that there will be a fire and that I will burn the freaking apartment building down. So I'm in the hallway in tears. Trying to call the emergency number, but THE DIDN't ANSWER THE EMERGENCY NUMBER. WTF?! So I'm still freaking out. Finally a neighbor comes down, and he helps me look outside with Will to see if there is a window we can get into. The bathroom window was a little open, but we couldn't manage to break it open....so I kept looking in the window to see how the coffee was doing. Eventually the handle, well, melted off. Fabulous. Then the smoke alarm started going off. Then it all went to hell. I was sobbing, we couldn't figure out how to get in. So, the neighbor found a big brick..and threw it through the kitchen window. SO now we're in, but there is smoke, and the cat was hiding under my bed, and it smelled TERRIBLE. Yeah....so Will and I cleaned up the kitchen and then Birgit came home and she didn't seem too happy...but I guess no one wants to come home to a broken window after being at work from 8:30 to 7...oops. I felt, and still feel like, shit about it. Now there is a big hole in the window. Hopefully the window people will come tomorrow...but I have to pay for that..yikes. expensive. And I need to buy some flowers for the people upstairs who helped me cuz they were SO NICE! And I need to buy Birgit a new espresso maker pot thing..yay for being broke. oh well, shit happens. I'm sure that everything will be ok..but still this SUCKS. oh well. I'll probably post pictures at some point.

Hope all is well back home and you aren't doing any stupid shit like I have been doing!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Oh Jenn,

I don't think you can be considered the "Anti-Christ" for melting a coffee pot and breaking a window while breaking into your flat!!! hahaaha...but good try! We will leave that title for the more evil & dangerously worthy!

I am sure (or at least hope) that the landlady aka roommate...is understanding of the situation! After all ... it was an accident and her cat didn't try to escape the flat with all that smoke and smell! So that's a positive!

Keep smiling and hoping the economy changes soon so your US dollar will go further before you leave!

Love ya,
Matante Joan :)